1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screwed up celebrities with normal parents?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MightyMouse, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

OK, I've hit a bit of a roadblock, so I figured I'd turn to my go-to folks on SportsJournalists.com for help.
    I'm working on a mini-project for school, and I'm trying to come up with an example (or two) of a well-known celebrity (probably redundant there) screw-up who comes from a relatively stable, solid upbringing. The more messed up the individual, and the more stable his/her home life growing up, the better.

If anyone can think of any examples, I'd appreciate it.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I don't think Charlie Sheen came from a dysfunctional home. His parents have been married for 50 years and his siblings all seem fairly normal.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

That was my first thought exactly!

4. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

That's helpful. The best I had come up with so far was Amy Winehouse, but I don't know how relevant she is anymore.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Celebrities are relevant?

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I recall reading some gossip items that said her dad was a little nutty.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

William Burroughs

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Two examples of now-sane celebs who came from very fucked up parents: Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Aniston.

9. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Yeah, as I was thinking about it, crazy-to-normal seemed to be easier to find. FWIW, I decided to go with the Sheen/Estevez clan. I appreciate the input.

10. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Katie Holmes.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's an interesting request, because for the most part, the only celebs' parents who we're familiar with are one who have parents who are celebrities or are so famous that we know the backstory of their parents.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

McKenzie Phillips. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted