1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw you Goldberg

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarlSpackler, Dec 3, 2006.

1. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

From the AP lede of the Giants-Cowboys game by Dave Goldberg:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- In an NFC where nobody stands out, the Dallas Cowboys are beginning to pass for a dominant team.

Um, how about the team two games ahead of everyone else and has beaten the crap out of "contenders" like the Seahawks and Giants. I think it's lame to play the "no respect" card, but it's clear that the Bears aren't getting their proper due. I'm sick of this goddamn Tony Romo Fever. The Bears will rip the Cowboys a new asshole. Mark my words. Well, at least if Griese is starting at QB.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Rex Grossman 6-19, 37 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And those numbers came against the 31st ranked pass defense in the NFL. Lovely.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I'm guessing that won't work well enough to win games next month.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Where in the hell is their running game, btw?

As a Bears fan, I don't fall into the kool-aid drinking mode, but the Bears and our fans deserve what they get with the QB situation. Orton did what he could as a rookie last year and then he gets thrown under the bus, scraped up and put on the bench for Grossman. Grossman looks like a rookie now that this is first full injury-free season. Griese isn't going to save them either. Rex's job should be to not lose the game, but to manage the game without going Butterfinger on the field. Why Lovie expects Rex to win every game is beyond me.

Use the Ravens' playbook: manage the clock on offense and score points when possible and let your defense get the ball back and repeat #1.

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I heard one radio personality say "At what point do you finally say 'stop throwing the ball, Rex,' because that what has to be said."

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I think he's taking the thread title personally ...

[​IMG]

8. John

John Well-Known Member

What did I do?

[​IMG]

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I thought this was a thread about the Birmingham News' Charles Goldberg

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm working on a way to make our government more efficient that the Democrats' new ideas. If it works, then I can use it to fix the BCS.

[​IMG]

Sincerely,

Rube Goldberg

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I thought it was about ...

[​IMG]

12. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I apologize to all Goldbergs who may have been harmed in the creation of this thread. But I still don't like the lede.

Draft saved Draft deleted