1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw up in SI?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 12, 2006.

1. but not khalil greene

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

"I'm not black like Barry White, no, I'm white like Frank Black is."

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Next you are going to be telling me James Loney is black:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Whatever *** I think we've established it ain't Matt Kemp in that picture.

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

TSP, that's still probably Loney in the SI shot. I don't know if you have the mag on-hand, but if you re-read my original post on this, I said that with the shadows, you can't tell for certain if it's a white or black guy.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I know. I didn't look at the SI pic. I was playing off my original post.

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

I blame this all on the Dodgers for taking the names off the back of the damned jerseys.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Does Reggie Cleveland figure into any of this?

I hope Marcus Giles is in the same issue.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It looks like this has already been settled, but I looked at the pic, and that dude is definitely white. And blonde-headed, to boot. I had to look way more closely at the back of a guy's neck than I'm comfortable with to be sure, but definitely blonde.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

J.J. Hardy is white.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And he's in my roto farm system!

The first game he ever played in a Dodgers uniform was a Grapefruit League game against the Mets. He went 3 for 3. I loved him right away and drafted him, willing to wait for him to mature. He'll be a good one. He got a few cups of coffee early this season, got sent down to AAA. He's tearing it up there. Nomah won't be at 1st very long. Maybe the rest of the this year, but after that ...

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There was also a pretty egregious copy-editing mistake in the Floyd Landis piece. At the bottom of the first leg on the second page, Austin Murphy writes:

"When he joined the Posties, Landis had just three full seasons as a pro under his belt. He'd competed, by his count, in only "four or five" weeklong stage races under his belt when he was informed that he would be working for Lance Armstrong in the 2002 Tour de France.

I don't mind if that mistake shows up in a 20K paper. It shouldn't show up in SI. Inexcusable.

Draft saved Draft deleted