1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

screw rhody's thread. it's all about me ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

... does anyone have any ideas on how i should ask? i'll have the ring wednesday. the rest comes later, for now i'm just worried about the asking.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Upper Deck her.

and when you're cleaning it up together, tell her "You know, we could be like this for the rest of our lives...."

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

well that's possible my friend, but she already knows about those issues. any others?

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

We need to talk.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Whatever you do, don't call her "Ma'am."

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey, they're doing things together, right?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Run by the liquor store and Spencers. The rest should take care of itself.

8. lono

lono Active Member

'Gola:

Do it at home - her home, your home, doesn't matter. But it should be somewhere private.

That way she can be emotional without worrying how others around her - besides you, of course - will react. She can laugh, scream, cry, etc.

Provide good champagne. I recommend Veuve Cliquot.

Be prepared for one thing, though: Contrary to what some of the female posters here would have you believe, engagement sex will not come for at least three hours after the diamond is on her finger. Trust me on this one. I was engaged three times, and it went down exactly the same each time.

Before she's ready to seal the deal carnally, she will call every living female she knows to them The Good News. Mom is first, followed by sisters, BFFs, co-workers, beauticians, etc.

You can do nothing about this ... just let her make the calls and appear supportive.

PS - No Colgate or Crest on engagement night, m'kay?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Every. Damn. One.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

dools - good point. i like booze and she likes spencers, but since we both work at a paper i'm hoping for ideas leaning that way.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bring her up for my renfro party on jan. 15 ... beer and heroin.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Put it in a pink slip!

Draft saved Draft deleted