1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screech to write Saved by the Bell tell-all!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 24, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The book is worthless unless it has photographic evidence of his accounts of the activities of his castmates.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

If Mikey was hiding his wood, he's certainly not anymore.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mikey's gonna wake up with soaked sheets.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I think he ghosted it, actually.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Is Dustin Diamond that desperate for money?

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I'm callin bullshit, those kids didn't party that hard

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hell, he was selling T-shirts to try to save his house a year or two ago...

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Screech didn't even hang out with most of the cast, according to an interview I did with Mario Lopez. He was a couple years younger -- cast at 10 -- than the other members, and he really went his own way. Ultimately, I probably wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into what he says.

I'm sure he's got plenty of insight, but Dustin Diamond has really turned into a cynical leach, just looking to score a few bucks here and there, no matter the consequences. Lopez said he and the other cast members, who do somewhat stay in touch, don't care for Diamond's stand-up comedy and career choices. When told Diamond did the same type of Q&A session at Clarion University in Pennsylvania, Lopez got a face full of apprehension and asked, "Did he do his comedy? ... Oooh."

My guess is that every story will be exaggerated, and if it goes to print, there will be plenty of people -- probably the entire cast -- looking to sue Diamond and the publishing company.

Lopez said their were on-set crushes, which is quite common in teen-laden sitcoms. But I don't believe anything too wild was going on there.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I did, but not because of this.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Turn on the AC bro

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Granted, there's usually not much you can tell about interpersonal relationships between actors when they're in character, but that could have been a reason that Screech being a bit of a misfit worked particularly well on the show. If Dustin Diamond wasn't spending a lot of time with Mario Lopez or the others, it looked that was in character too.

Oh, you should have used "there" instead of "their were on-set crushes." Whack yourself upside the head with your AP Stylebook, young man!

It may be the most action you'll get in a year.

Draft saved Draft deleted