1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screamin' A drops the N-word?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimbabwe, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's not a holier than thou attitude.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Shut up, Drip. No one uses the word here. Show an example or shut the hell up.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Now, HE was flippant.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who used it flippantly? Give an example.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

In my opinion, the entire thread is filled with numerous flippant remarks that some think are humorous. As I said earlier, go up to an African American and say "What's up my nigger?" and report back your findings. I'd love to read them.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Drip, please.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And you'll still be full of shit until you point out a specific flippant example.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Please what? I'm making a point that the word is offensive.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So provide an example of it being used flippantly. If you can't, you are just talking out your ass once again.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that Drip is black, and I am assuming he is the only person posting on this thread who is black. So his comments might have a little more weight. White people do not have a word, or words, like this which are hurtful.

I can also see how the South Park references could be seen as flippant, but I will also say this word will never be totally removed from the mouths of people untill ALL people stop using it, Dave Chappelle and half of the NBA included.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's the thing. If the word's not OK, it's not OK on either side. You don't take the venom out of it because it's a black man saying it to another black man.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And you think this point was missed by some people here? Like who? based on what?

Draft saved Draft deleted