1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrabble Blast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The web site that you provided. The International Scrabble League.

Mike311gd and I just had an epic battle. I was victorious 333-191.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I suck at Scrabble. I'd much rather play Stratego, or Sorry or Axis & Allies.

My daughter even beats me at Disney Scrabble.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

If you like Risk, there's a pretty good application on facebook called Attack! I've wasted hours there playing in some pretty good games.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And it took me all day (going back and forth from work to the game) to get to that point. 2,000 seems really, really tough. You can do words longer than seven letters, though. I played the MSN version. I guess if you nail a 200-300 point word, it is possible. I had a 130 point word.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Cool! I'll check it out.

6. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Cool. Trust me, I know that 1790 is very good. I made my first 10-letter word two days ago. My wife was playing, and I linked it together while she was in the kitchen. I think I annoy her. I believe the word was DETERMINES.

I took the advice of some and signed up for the isc.ro site. But I'm having a few problems. First, I had to get some sort of special software because I have a Mac, I guess. When I chat with my competition, it often skips letters. It's as if it can't keep up with the speed of my typing. So it's annoying to even attempt a conversation.

The more crucial thing, however, is that I keep getting booted. I'm able to reconnect almost immediately. When I do, however, I discover that the system has shaved 5 or more minutes off my clock. Also, I get no indication of the last word played by my opponent. It seems that this glitch causes me to see my opponent's clock running when, in reality, they've already played and my clock is running down. But I'm not aware of this until it finished booting me and I reconnect. Could it be a Mac-specific issue?

I contacted a local Scrabble club, and I spent a few minutes tonight learning the two- and three-letter words. This can't be good. I may become addicted. I guess I have a hole in my life where I need a sense of competition, because I wanted to scream today when I lost two of three matches by a few dozen points. I've resolved to ensure it doesn't happen again, but it most certainly will.

Draft saved Draft deleted