1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Score one for little Danny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by joe king, Oct 13, 2014.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

I don't have the patience to find the most recent Redskins name controversy thread, so I'll start another.

Dan Snyder pulls off a big PR coup by having the president of the Navajo Nation, Ben Shelly, and his wife sitting with him in his box at the Redskins-Cardinals game yesterday in Arizona. And not just sitting with him, but wearing Redskins hats.

[​IMG]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/redskins-owner-dan-snyder-sits-with-navajo-president-at-cardinals-game-220100067.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The lame-duck president of Navajo Nation. He finished seventh in the last election.

http://deadspin.com/disgraced-soon-to-be-former-navajo-nation-president-at-1645509844

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Perhaps, but optics.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Isn't this the umpteenth Native American guy Snyder has trotted out to prove he's not racist?

How can I be bigoted?! I have a Native American/black/Asian/Arab/Latino/gay friend!

5. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Snyder is clearly banking on the idea that most football fans just don't pay attention to the details that matter.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I believe Chief Wild Eagle of the Hekawi tribe will be Dan's guest at the next home game...

[​IMG]

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Will he bring Crazy Cat with him?

[​IMG]

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Snyder brings more attention to the name controversy than Mike Wise.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"In my Nation we say, 'When a man fails to treasure his possessions, he loses claim to them.'

Get Cousins the fuck out of there!"

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Shelly: This is a disgrace. It's time for a change. This has gone on long enough.
    Snyder: Well, we have a lot invested in the name. Years of tradition, not to mention the financial --
    Shelly: Not talking about that, stupid paleface. I'm talking about your team. It sucks. You gave up HOW MANY draft picks for RGIII? And then you let Shanahan run him into the ground in two years? I can live with the name, but your team is a disgrace to it. Shape up, man.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well played, Batman!

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Dan: "You know how to get to the stadium, right?"
    Wild Eagle: "You take a right at the rock that looks like a bear, then a left at the bear that looks like a rock."

Draft saved Draft deleted