1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scorched Earth Concert Running Thread.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Anyone going to attend? This is your spot to give a review. Bad news is that Bono is not on schedule. Good news that Yusuf Islam ( AKA Cat Stevens) is.

I read that all power for event is going to be supplied by wind mills and anyone attending must take mass transportation. No cars for example will be allowed to park at Giants stadiums.

Talent particpating in event was required to sign pledge that they would not travel to event by private jet.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Wind mills? Christ on a crutch, you know how many wind mills you'd need to power up a rock concert? I don't, but I'm sure it's a lot.

I'm sure the venues won't be a mess either.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Is this thing going to be on TV? Will it be the shit show Live 8 was?

4. Boom is making funnies again.
    If you don't do absolutely everything you can to fight a problem -- that Boom doesn't think is a problem -- then you can't do anything.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Surprise concert scheduled for DC anyway, just to stick it up the ass of James Inhofe. Wish I knew who was playing though.

6. Boom_70

What I would like to see is a calculation for the offset necessary for all co2 created by concert in first place. When you calculate transportation, ect I bet it's huge.

There is something very ironic about pop stars who fly around the world in private jets having a concert to bring further awarness to global warming.

The comparison is Barry Bonds doing an anti steroid commercial.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm going just to be entertained. Though so far Trisha Yearwood, Garth Brooks, and a blues act is not really enough to make me avoid the pool to go there instead.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bravo is televising from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EDT) Saturday

9. And, naturally, what Boom finds ironic, the coal and oil industries find essential.

10. Boom_70

I am going to listen to concert on my solar powered radio.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

XM is airing the whole kit and caboodle, starting at 10 p.m. tonight from Aussie land.
    I'm looking forward to the Police and Genesis.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

All times Eastern...

NBC: 8:00 p.m to 11:00
    BRAVO: 9:00 a.m. on July 7 through 2:30 a.m. on July 8
    UNI HD: 4:00 a.m. on July 7 through 2:00 a.m. on July 8
    SUNDANCE: 4:00 a.m. on July 7 through 2:00 a.m. on July 8
    MSNBC: intermittent coverage throughout
    CNBC: 7:00 p.m. on July 7 through 2:00 a.m. on July 8

Draft saved Draft deleted