1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scorched colon. Ouch.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ledbetter, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Man injured after launching firework from bottom

LONDON (AFP) - A man was rushed to hospital in Britain with severe internal injuries after trying to launch a powerful firework from his bottom, an ambulance service spokesman said.

It is thought that the 22-year-old could have been trying to imitate a scene from "Jackass: The Movie", a controversial film featuring a series of edgy pranks.

Footage of the incident in Sunderland, north-east England, was captured on a mobile phone by a gang of youths and shows a white flash followed by hysterical laughter and a youth shouting: "Ha ha ha ha," followed by an expletive.

A spokesman for the North East ambulance service said: "We received a call stating there was a male who had a firework in his bottom and it was bleeding."

He is now recovering in a Sunderland hospital after sustaining internal injuries including a scorched colon.

The incident took place on November 5, when Britons light bonfires and let off fireworks to commemorate a 17th century plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament.

2. God, the Brits suck at fun.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Man, one of my cousins runs a TNT Fireworks office in England. I blame her. :D

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Jesus, Mary and St. Joseph.

We'll be seeing this in an upcoming News of the Weird.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So the Brits celebrate the near-torching of their Parliament building by blowing shit up?

6. They truly suck at fun.

7. Armchair_QB

No pun intended by the "blowing shit up" comment by the way. Even though this guy almost did.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

9. Armchair_QB

This sounds like something you'd see at a West Virginia family picnic.

Hey ya'll, watch this!

10. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

And how many of those have you been to?
    Is that where you met your wife?

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without . . .

Wait, I'd rather it were useless.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Darwin is British, if I'm not mistaken.