1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop on Bonds

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tapintoamerica, Aug 8, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Revolution = symbolic consumer choices. Reminds me of when I was 16 and thought I was blasting a hole in the Bulwark of Authority by wearing my circle-A "anarchy" t-shirt (that I bought at Hastings) to high school.

2. IU90

IU90 Member

Agreed, not to mention the out-of-touch absurdity of him thinking that wearing a Bonds jersey in a white area would automatically result in a barrage of boos and hisses. Sorry to ruin your stereotype, Scoop, but that's not how the vast majority of us think or function.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You were so fucking punk, wi.

For me it was my GNR shirt that I wore on picture day freshman year.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Somewhere out there, there's an indie band called Picture Day Fashion Choice.

5. For me, it was my days as a renegade altar boy, when I would shuffle my rubbersoled shoes along the altar carpet and zap people in their tongues with the metal paten.
    I will be in hell soon.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You will, but it will be for hating freedom, not for that.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Threadjack2: Simmons wrote a pretty good column in the new ESPN the Magazine. Intriguing graph about how he, a dog lover, thinks Vick should be punished, and I'll paraphrase, pay Roy Williams to horse-collar Vick 200 times in a row ... Didn't overword his feelings.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

I just love the phrase ``renegade altar boy.''

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Too bad Whitlock's not around to rip his ass apart any more.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That was always pretty fun. It wasn't fair, though. Despite Whitlock's occasional attention-whorish tendencies, he's twice the writer and twice the columnist (that wasn't a weight joke, btw) than Scoop could ever dream of being. The contest was one-sided.

11. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

who do you think DANGEROUS K is?

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Sniff, sniff...is that an outing I smell?

Draft saved Draft deleted