1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop on Bonds

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tapintoamerica, Aug 8, 2007.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

If someone has a link, please post it. Sorry, I just cannot actually believe he wrote this.

2. And the WWL loses its guts...again.

3. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/070806

4. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

RE: Orville's threadjack -- I don't know about Hill, but I noticed that too. I thought she was really getting better with every column, so it's a shame she hasn't had anything in a while.

RE: Scoop -- Not sure how I feel about it. I think Bonds has been given so much grief in some part due to race, but the steroids use is a convenient cover. And I also agree with henryhecht's assessment. But for Scoop to lump steroid use in with double-homicide, and essentially say the latter is OK because it was two white people killed is reprehensible. ESPN apparently agrees.

EDIT: Or they don't agree. WTF.

5. Thanks, f_m. That's a service to the board right there.

6. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Agreed, thanks f_m, the link to this on the ESPN site is gone.

7. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

I don't think Hill is gone. What happens is people will take a vacation, and then there's so much more content coming in, that it kind of pushes them off the page.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Classic.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The column is now back in the archives section.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/070806

10. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

just wow. so it's ok to back a alleged murderer, even if all the evidence points to him being guilty, just because of the color of his skin? that's an interesting way to approach it.
    i agree Bonds has dealt more with the steroids stuff than others who are connected, and some of it is because he is black. But i think it is more that he just broke a record and people think he cheated to get there. if mcgwire was in the same boat, i think people would be just as skeptical, and to prove that point, no one gives a shit about mcgwire since the congress stuff happened.
    to choose a side just based on color is racist - no matter what color you are. You kill someone, you're guilty, end of story.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

backing OJ simply because he's black? jesusfuckingchrist. guy should lose his job over that shit ... and that's exactly what he is, a steaming pile of shit.

12. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

maybe I read it wrong, but that is what I got from that excerpt on the first post.

Draft saved Draft deleted