1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop Jackson's interview with a BLOG!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Has bruh not posted this yet? SJ is mentioned as Scoop defends his writing style...

http://nationofislamsportsblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/scoop-jackson-nois-interview.html

(Warning: Scoop doesn't know how to use the "shift" key, so his answers are in ALL CAPS.)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I couldn't stomach the ALL CAPS... or Scoop for that matter... but I did see this in the comments...

ZEKE said...
    well, at least we found the one thing scoop is qualified to write about. barbecue.
    maybe he will go write for foodtv.com and quit dirtying espn's page 2 with his tripe.
    and, nois....maybe you could follow...start a food blog? huh? huh?...waddyathink?

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

It's good to know that I "don't get it." I "got it" loud and clear last week when he wrote it was just super to defend a murderer, regardless of whether or not you think he's guilty, because of his race.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

NOIS -- Where logic went to die.

5. I am baffled by this:

THAT'S A HARD QUESTION TO ANSWER. I SAY THAT - AND PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I LOVE GATES BBQ IN KC, KEEP A CASE OF THE SAUCE AT MY CRIB (HOUSE)

The NOI sports blog finds it necessary to explain to us what "crib" means in this context? Jeebus, NICKELODEON doesn't feel obligated to do that.

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Perhaps I'm giving NOIS too much credit, but I've always felt its style (like explaining the meaning of crib) was tongue-in-cheek. To that end, I find Scoop being interviewed there ironic. Then again, maybe I'm completely wrong and the joke's on me.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm as white as the Prairie Home Companion studio audience and I've known the definition of crib for over a decade, now. Curious. I'm presuming it is irony.

8. I Like HD

I Like HD Member

Will Scoop ever just go away?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not as long as people keep bashing him on sites like this one...

10. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

My favorite part ...
    EDITORS ARE THERE TO CORRECT THOSE BEFORE THE COPY GOES TO PRINT, PRESS OR POST. NOW MUCH LIKE WRITERS, THEY ARE WORKING ON CRAZY DEADLINES TOO, AND MORE THAN OFTEN WORKING ON MORE THAN ONE STORY AT A TIME. BUT IT'S THEIR JOB TO FIND THE FAULTS IN WHAT WE WRITE AND MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGES, AND JUST LIKE US, THEY ARE NOT PERFECT... EVEN IF THERE'S MORE THAN ONE OR TWO THAT EDIT STORIES. WHAT'S FUNNY TO ME IS WHEN THERE'S A TYPO IN A COLUMN OR SOMETHING IS MISSPELLED HOW I, THE WRITER, GETS BLAMED AND CALLED "ILLITERATE" OR"IGNORANT" OR "A HORRIBLE, UNEDUCATED WRITER" AND SEVEN TO EIGHT OTHER PEOPLE READ AND CHECKED THE STORY/COLUMN BEFORE IT GOT POSTED BUT NONE OF THEM CATCHES ANY HEAT. NO FLAK.

Maybe you should concentrate on writing cleaner copy, Scoop. That is part of the job.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cause you, the writer, wrote the typo in the first place, you moran!

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Scoop never actually mentioned SportsJournalists.com, the NOIS writer did. I don't even think he mentioned it in his response.

And the ridiculous part is, NOIS' example was ridiculous. When did someone here bash him for capitalizing Common?

There are a lot more things wrong with Scoop's writing than overuse of capitalization. Besides, writers have been doing that for years, including:
    <---------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.