1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientology doc on HBO

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 30, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

OH CRAP.

I now have HBO and was planning on watching this weekend. Idiot me finds out this thread is a year plus old.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did this ever end up on Netflix or Apple TV?

I read the book, and would like to see the movie, but don't have HBO.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The doc just scratches the surface. Wright's book is a real eye-opener.

4. YankeeFan

Lived in St. Pete for a while, so followed all of the St. Pete Times reporting on the Church. It's fucking nuts.

The book was great as well. Miscavige is a sick, evil fuck.

Dyno and HC like this.
  5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Did you check HBO Go?

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Or HBO OnDemand?

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Vacation down there. Some numbnut left a card under my windshield wiper inviting me to come in for a brain scan or whatever the hell they call it. I thought about doing it for the hell of it. And toward the end I was going to start speaking in tongues, rip their little wires off, and start praising Beelzebub.

Alas, last day of vacation. Ran out of time. Maybe next year. Anyone got a fake ID that I can borrow? Maybe Ron Mexico?

cjericho likes this.
  8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Miscavige is indeed a sick, evil fuck. Also, as people kept pointing out, there was no way that Tom Cruise didn't know about the Sea Org and all the rest of it. I was never a fan but I can't watch him in anything anymore.

9. YankeeFan

If you go to local events they'll have a little stand set up -- I remember seeing one at the St. Pete Times Book (or maybe lit) festival -- where they offer to check your "stress levels".

It's not at all clear that it's a Scientology thing. But, I guess they hook you up to an e-meter, tell you you're stressed out, and recommend classes/counseling offered by the "Church".

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Kinda sounds like those guys calling all the time "from the Microsoft technical support" ...

Draft saved Draft deleted