1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School shooting in Centennial, Colo.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Regarding the shooting: Hopefully the two injured kids will be all right.

Regarding the 24/7 news coverage: I have no further comment.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Everytime we have one of these, we re-start the debate over gun control. Then it seems to simmer down in a few months, the headlines move on to something else and nothing happens. Then the cycle starts all over again.

I'm guessing that this, combined with the Sandy Hook anniversary, will make the debate louder than ever. Merry Christmas.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Doubtful, since most gun laws passed in the year since Newtown loosened existing ones.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/10/us/state-gun-laws-enacted-in-the-year-since-newtown.html?_r=0

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Doesn't Colorado seem to have more than its share of this kind of craziness?

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

This will be forgotten by the end of the weekend. Except for, you know, by the injured, the terrorized and their families who won't ever be over it.

And then we'll do it again sometime soon.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I see on the thread titles page that the last comment on a thread was made by Mark2010. And then I still click.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And nothing will change.

9. joe

joe Active Member

*Crime. Boy, I don't know.*

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned, this could serve as a new definition of insanity:

How can that be logically explained? So was all that national outrage over slaughtered children just for show?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The people who were outraged aren't in power. And those in power weren't outraged.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We as a country have decided that dead kids are acceptable collateral damage to gun ownership rights as they are.

If nothing changed after Newtown, nothing is going to change now. It really is that simple. The pro-gun folks won, and won resoundingly.

Draft saved Draft deleted