1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School sends lesbian to fake prom ...UPDATE: Lawsuit settled for $35,000

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Re: School that didn't allow lesbian to wear tux hosts fake prom away from real one

Lucky we didn't get a re-enactment of Carrie.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Re: School that didn't allow lesbian to wear tux hosts fake prom away from real one

Strangely enough, I was thinking that, too.

I'm still shaking my head over this.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I skimmed the AP story in the paper the other day thinking that the second prom was arranged independently by students, not realizing the school had sanctioned it. But as a product of the Mississippi public school system, I can't say I'm surprised.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The parents of the special needs kids should sue, too. I wonder if all seven kids at this thing were considered undesireables by school administrators, for sexual orientation, disabilities, or other reasons.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Good point. I feel worse for those kids because at least the lesbian knows why the douchebags are ostracizing her.

The special needs kids don't deserve to be part of the bullshit.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Love thy neighbor as thyself, provided of course that thy neighbor is exactly like thyself.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Lesbians Secret Other Prom," now available on iTUnes.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Flounder Dorfman group

9. derwood

derwood Active Member

None of them deserve this crap.

10. Re: School that didn't allow lesbian to wear tux hosts fake prom away from real one

None of them deserve this crap.
    The school system is gonna be in deep shit for this.
    Even if the private prom was sponsored by parents, it was announced by the school district's lawyer. BIG Mistake.

The comments to the article should come as no surpise.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Foxnew heterosexual christians consistently do not disappoint in their small minded, petty and hateful ways.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

The old hidden diamond trick, brilliant. Many years ago in my home town a little league coach used to send his worst players to the wrong diamond when they had a big game. By the time they figured out where they were supposed to be the team had been able to go through the lineup a time or two and had the game safely put away. Terrible? Yes. But kind of humorous given the era...1960's and 70's.

Draft saved Draft deleted