1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School bus shooting, kidnapping in SE Alabama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yodel, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Gun, bunker, terrorizing children ... Just another REAL PATRIOT.

We obviously need more armed teachers out there at the bus stops.

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Details are very slow coming out. I used to live there for about 6 years. But I'm far from there now. Some FB posters (yeah, I know) suggest the shooter is a veteran with dementia, but I haven't seen that in any real report.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

5. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Yeah, in addition, it kept saying "updated at..." but nothing had changed. The TV stations did better with the websites, as best I can tell.

The bus driver died, and the child is apparently special needs, but they managed to get him some medicine and establish contact with him.

News is very slow out of there, however.

6. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Updated story.

http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/crime_court/article_0abb616c-6a5f-11e2-afc7-001a4bcf6878.html

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

This is community journalism at its best. The Ricky Stokes Network? I guess we'd better get used to it.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If only this stuff were illegal

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It would be nice to know the history of the weapon he used to shoot the driver. Who was the original purchaser and how it came into this man's hands.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I never heard of the guy before yesterday, but he has some gold there. One of yesterday's breaking news items was him putting a school superintendent on blast because he hasn't updated his voicemail since Christmas break.

http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/article.php/phone-message-of-tim-pitchfords-office-39149

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Dang, I think Rickey Stokes has more advertisers than the Dothan Eagle.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted