1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School admin assistants need love, too

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Apr 20, 2011.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://www.times-georgian.com/view/full_story/12853772/article-Accused-school-secretary-denied-bond?instance=TG_home_story

After nailing three boys, she's worried about her marriage.

“She’s never been incarcerated before,” he said. “She never been behind a jail cell. She’s never been arrested. She’s embarrassed. She’s humiliated.”

Pilgrim said his client is also worried about whether she’ll have custody of her children from this point forward.

“She is married,” he said. “The outlook on that marriage is not great so she’s not doing very well at all. I would like to see a preliminary hearing hopefully sometime this week. ... I would like to have my client granted bond and get her out of the Carroll County Jail where she doesn’t belong.”

Read more: Times-Georgian - Accused school secretary denied bond

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Read a bit more on this. It apparently raises an issue with the Georgia State law. It says school employes "with authority over students" are forbidden to have sexual relations with the students. But her lawyer claims a school secretary has no authority over students. If the students are of the age of consent, what might be the problem?
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/27616182/detail.html

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Not guilty.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So if she'd given a student an order, that student wouldn't get in trouble for not complying?

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I think that's a solid strategy by her lawyer. Not sure if it will payoff with the desired end result, but it definitely brings some murkiness into the situation, when these are often crystal clear--adult teacher--sex--under age student.

And I think it's a real prickish move by the court to deny bond. Judge must not have been laid in a while.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Whatever you may think of the crime, it's nowhere severe enough to merit remand.

7. spurtswriter

spurtswriter Member

I'd hit it.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

She is an adult in a school. She has some authority.

Can she write a referral on a student? Yes.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Respect my authorititties!

10. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

When this source is the voice of reason in a thread, you know things are bad.

Slap the lock on this and move on.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The secretaries in my school couldn't do crap. All they could do was call the students to the office on the PA.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I assume they're authorimanboobies, so...no.

Draft saved Draft deleted