1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schiano is going ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I never thought Kansas State, once established in the mid-1990s, would do better than it did for the same reasons. Then it came within a Big 12 title game loss of playing for the national title.

With such a young, eager team, I'm not going to doubt Rutgers anytime soon.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In other words, New Jersey is actually a much better state for recruiting than you might think, Ragu. The talent has always been there if Rutgers could only keep it.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

South Florida recruits on the Rutgers roster, broken down by their hometowns ...

8 -- Miami
    2 -- Fort Lauderdale
    1 -- Belle Glade
    1 -- Coral Gables
    1 -- Deerfield Beach
    1 -- Hollywood
    1 -- Homestead
    1 -- Lake Worth
    1 -- Oakland Park
    1 -- Parkland
    1 -- Plantation
    1 -- Rivera Beach

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You simpleton asshat, he asked for South Florida recruits!

Wait ... isn't Miami in South Florida?

Whatever. Pube's right, you're all wrong. Asshats!

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Try this douchebag:

William Beckford, starting DE.. Belle Glades, Fla.
    Quintero Frierson, starting LB...Coral Gables, Fla.
    Shawn Tucker, starting WR until injured, Parkland, Fla.
    Willie Foster, WR/No. 1 KR... Miami
    Derrick Roberson, starting DB...Oakland Park, Fla.

Tucker was the top returning receiver coming into the seaosn before he got hurt a few weeks ago.
    Leading receiver past 3 years (maybe in school history) was kid named Tres Moses from Miami wh graduated last year.
    Schiano had Rutgers billboards put up in South Florida three years ago to help with the recruiting there.

I might be a fossil but youo are the biggest motherfuckingcocksuckingdouchebagasshole in the history of this board.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What will hurt Rutgers is that it will always have to travel to either Morgantown or Louisville every year. WVU beat them with an untested second-string QB and a so-so effort from Slaton.

Last year, Louisville rolled Rutgers 56-5 at Papa John's. I'm not expecting the same score next year at PJCS, but Louisville is damn near unstoppable at home.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is a damn good WVA team, but they're seldom anywhere near this slick. Even with Nehlen,
    they had their up years, and down . . . and RR is no cinch to hang around.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If you manage to piss off spnited, you're really a dick.

Heard a report that RR was meeting with Alabama officials in NYC today.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I asked, how many kids contributed from SoFla.

The answer is Tucker and Beckford... and pray for rain. And, those are still low-level guys.

Schiano has picked up the absolute dregs from down here. Every year.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Not quite supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, but I'll take it, Jurasshole.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

The more you post, Pulombo, the more you sound like the worst of the lazy insult-slinging columnists you supposedly hate.

A guy goes to Rutgers but not Miami because he has no ambition. If someone wrote the reverse--that someone has no ambition because he went to coach easy-to-win-at Miami instead of Rutgers--you'd go fucking ballistic. Because you are the biggest fanboy looser on this site. If someone dares not to agree that your favorite player is the MVP or ROY, or dares not to coach your favorite school, then he is a slug.

Always easy to sling from the couch, right Pulombo? You would know. More than anyone else here, you would know.

Draft saved Draft deleted