1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scent trumps journalism?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bitter mf, Mar 12, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Maybe 5 percent of your readers have a vested interest in a girls state championship game. We all like to think it's more, but it isn't. But that perfume note is a riot and will get a glance from the majority of your readers.

And those readers who said it wasn't a story? Um, they read it too.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"What the hell is that smell??"

[​IMG]

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Good thing she didn't wear tuna perfume.

Jeez Louise, it's a little internet thing which back in the pica pole days we called a "brite" in print. No need to stroke out over it.

4. Not ever story you write has to lead to an elected official being ousted from office on corruption charges.

You're a story teller. You told an interesting, albeit not-so-important, story.

I know that if I didn't cover preps, I'd rarely read most preps gamers. But if I read a couple grafs of this perfume thing, I'd probably be interested, and you know that story would stick in my head and make me want to smell some of the stuff the next time I went through a department store in the mall. I'm sure you'll get a lot or readers, particularly the ones who don't usually bother with preps coverage.

Draft saved Draft deleted