1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scariest moment of your life

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I have a few near death moments

1) I nearly drowned in my Grandparents pool when I was six or seven. I fell off a flotable toy in the deepend, my uncle Dan dove in and saved my life.

2) Again when I was six, I remember driving from West Edmonton Mall to my Grandparents house in St. Albert (suburb of Edmonton) and looking out the window and seeing the tornado that hit Edmonton in 1987. Very freaky.

3) I nearly got killed twice while working in a gravel pit, once was thrown from machinery onto a pile of big rocks 10 or 12 feet below, landed on my back. hurt like hell, but had to move fast because a few more rocks were thrown from the same machine. OUtside of some bruising I was alright. The other time I accidentally sat up underneath a conveyor belt while shovelling out the end of the belt - was more of a stretch than anything. Knocked my helmet off, but if I hadn't been wearing a helmet, likely would have scalpped me at the least. Came out unscathed, but shaken up.

4) Driving backroads in the middle of the winter on icy roads in the middle of the night in my 93 Mazda 323 hatchback, didn't see the warnign for a stop sign, had to slam on my breakswhen I saw the T- Intersection at the last minute, my car did three complete revolutions when it hit the black ice and stopped in the middle of the intersection. Thought that was it. Damn near pissed myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted