1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Say what you will about Wal-Mart (or Coca-Cola, for that matter) ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

See, it's the fact he's a not-so-good singer that makes this work. He exudes a charm and likability that augments his meager pipes and turns this into a sweet, yet not cloying, ad. In no way should it be compared to the unrepentently awful, Head-On-apply-directly-to-the-forehead-set-to-shitty-insturmentals freecreditreport ads.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sorry, it immediately reminded me of the freecreditreport commercials. And even if it didn't it still would have sucked.

The other commercials posted in this thread, however, were damn solid. Especially the walk of shame commercial.

3. KG

KG Active Member

At least I know I'm not the only one.

Edit: In fact, when it first started I thought they had replaced the regular FCRDC guy.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I can't even drive by Taco Bell or anything like it without thinking about this one. And it's not even for Taco Bell.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I was gonna say I'd love to own a double fistful of stocks from each one right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted