1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw IV -- TV ads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Oct 1, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

These are some of the creepiest things I've seen in lieu of normal trailers.
    In-between unrelated commercials (at least on Spike) they show just a few seconds of the clown before zapping back to another unrelated commercial. A few times, they'll follow them up with a full trailer; sometimes they don't.
    Needless to say, it's a bit fucked up.

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Is that what that shit is? I've been sitting here watching The Siege on Spike TV for the past hour and creeped out of my goddamn mind...did I really just see a disturbing clown? Am I in a horror movie, a la The Ring? You see the clown, and then you die? Yikes.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I saw IV TV ads starring Peyton Manning between every possession of every football game I watched this weekend.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn trailer spoils the ending to the last one.

Yeah I know, I know, I should have seen it already.

It'll be interesting to see how they keep the franchise going here. Might be going to the well one too many times.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The "It's Halloween, that means Saw" line makes me think they have no intentions of stopping.

6. Just wait till they start churning one out every six months. Next April you'll see ads for Saw V with the tagline "Halloween's coming early this year!"

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

"Saw 6 -- This Time It's Easter!"

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Nicely done.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Certain actors have already been signed up for the series through Saw VI.

I've always believed the best stories have a beginning, a middle, and no end. Saw apparently has no end.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've seen the ads and first thought was "they're making a fourth?" How in the hell can they build on Saw III? That was a damn good movie.

11. How can you say that Saw has no end? What do you see about Saw that says that? Have you seen something we haven't about Saw? Have you seen Saw, Saw II and Saw III?
    See Saw Say .... sorry.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hey, it ain't over til the fat lady's singing.

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted