1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw III (10/27)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just saw the preview for this.........holy krap.

This may make the first two look like The Teletubbies.

That being said, I may have to purchase a ticket.

2. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Then you're the reason we'll be subjected to Saw IV.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

What........you didn't enjoy I or II?

4. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I didn't mind the first one, but certainly didn't require a second one.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

The tag for this one should be: Saw III: Sometimes, there's good money in producing absolute shit.

The first one sucked, but it was so cheaply made and had just enough of a hook that it took in a ton of cash. Thus, Saw II. And to my amazement, it achieved a level of suck-ballness that I thought unattainable. But it still cost nothing to produce, so it made good money. Thus, Saw III.

The making of this newest movie, just like the making of the last one, has absolutely nothing to do with entertainment or art. Just slap it on the board and collect the money.

And people wonder why all the good writers, directors and producers are going the TV route these days. If you pay money to see this shit, you should never again bitch about the state of film.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

It's all the drive to make the next scarry movie to premiere around Halloween.

See also: The Grudge 2

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Never watched any of the Saw flicks, nor do I intend to.

That being said, what's different between this and Friday the 13th? It seems like the same Hollywood business plan, just updated.

Make a low-budget slasher, get teens/young adults in droves, repeat ad nauseum.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Um, if it gets teens/young adults to the theater in droves and is inexpensive to make, why would they change that business plan?

9. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I have seen both Saw movies. I'd admit it.

I went to II hoping for something worse than I, and it didn't come through. Surely III will be the worst ever. Come on, people. I know you can do it!

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The Saw series is movie making so bad it is good. Cary Elwes' performance in Saw I is one of legend. It was a role William Shatner would have read and said, "Oh, no. Much too hammy."
    Donnie Walberg was much the same in Saw II, but not quite as over the top.

And that's why I love it.

This stuff is today's B movies, like what used to come out at your local theater in the 1950s -- but usually involved large insects or extra-terrestrials.

I will attend Saw III and I will be entertained. And this comes from someone who considers himself somewhat of a film snob.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Yeah, you guys are a bunch of liars. Face it, you've all seen both SAW movies and loved them.

I admit it, and I'm going to see it on opening night. Midnight showing and all.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Absolutely fabulous.

Draft saved Draft deleted