1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Save me from Colin Cowherd!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by goalmouth, Dec 3, 2014.

1. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

THIS

I understand you have to have an ego to succeed in this business but he takes a "I'm right, you're wrong, don't debate me" stance to an extreme.

First time I ever heard of Cowherd was shortly after Eddie Guerrero, the wrestler, died of a heart attack in 2005. He was making jokes about it just to get under the skin of wrestling fans. And he admitted it.

He's done the same thing time and time again. It's almost like he's trying to get Paul Finebaum's callers to call him.

2. I always found the off-switch is effective if you want to be "saved" from a particular host.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Great point Walter

4. Jeff should re-enable the ignore button so users can be saved from me.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Who's Walter?

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't see any Walter, Boom.

7. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

I agree, bring back the Ignore button, so shotglass can treat me and my friends the way the Journalism world treats him.

8. jr/shotglass

Yeah, I'd definitely hit this thread over the TV thread, Head.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I used to listen to Rome in the 90s when the San Antonio station replayed it at night. His shtick then was new and funnier. It didn't have a shelf life, however.

Nowadays the only sports talk I listen to over the air is local, which is pretty good here. I have a long drive home at night, so I listen to TalkSport on my phone to keep up with EPL news.

10. jr/shotglass

I'm actually watching Cowherd for the first time in at least a year right now ... POTUS is coming on with him in a minute or two.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I hope one of those times was when he would tell the world that Mark Sanchez was better than Aaron Rodgers because he had won playoff games.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I forgot about that... he definitely had to walk back his dislike of Rodgers.

Draft saved Draft deleted