1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Save me a trip to AutoZone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Sep 6, 2006.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

My roommate left a brand-new car battery when he moved out.

It looks like the one in my vehicle. Any ideas how to measure it or otherwise determine if it'll fit mine?

All I found on the size was Everstart 58R-3.

Can someone with more car knowledge clue me in?

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Might be helpful if we knew what make and model your vehicle was.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Uh ... measure the battery your roomie left and then measure the one in your car. If they're the same, then it'll fit. But you still may want to check at AutoZone to make sure the battery has enough starting power -- from a design standpoint -- for your vehicle.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

Actually, the way I would do it involves going to an auto parts store, but maybe what somebody posted for the internet site gives you the same information.

If you get the year and model of the car on a chart, it will usually tell you what battery to get.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Just about every car battery out there is 12 volt, so that isn't an issue. What might be an issue is the size and shape of the battery. It needs to fit the space allotted it in the engine compartment so it doesn't tip over or slide around or be too tall to let you close your hood. If the dimensions are close, you should be OK.

But your post begs the question. Why did your roommate leave behind a brand-new battery? Sounds kinky.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can I have the Texas Toast?

Draft saved Draft deleted