1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Savannah Morning News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by IBIS, Aug 14, 2007.

1. IBIS

IBIS Guest

What is this job? GA? Beat? Preps?

Date posted: 8/14/2007
    Newspaper: Savannah Morning News
    Job listing: Sports Reporter
    Contact
    (e-mail): Anthony Stastny, Sports Editor
    anthony.stastny@savannahnow.com
    Phone number: —
    Information: The Savannah Morning News has an immediate opportunity for a full-time experienced Sports Reporter.

Reporting to the sports editor, this person is responsible for covering assigned beat(s) as well as additional general news and feature assignments in a professional journalistic manner.

Bachelor's degree in Journalism or English and at least 3-5 years experience as a sports writer/reporter for a newspaper. Advanced computer skills required.

Competitive salary and excellent benefits package. For immediate consideration, contact Anthony Stastny at anthony.stastny@savannahnow.com.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Sounds like GA to me, on both the sports and news side.

3. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/43237/

same job? or different opening?

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I want to write a complete retrospective on Rannolph Junuh if I take this job.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Well, those of us that applied for this job with two years experience certainly get the message.

6. thebigd

thebigd Member

Is Savannah a nice place to live?

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Easily the most beautiful city its size in the country. It gets hot and uber-humid in the summer (where in the South doesn't?), but it's a gorgeous place to live. I'd live there in a heartbeat.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I second that. I had a lot of fun in Savannah, back when I was having fun.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I've lived in Georgia most of my life and Savannah is a close second to Athens as my favorite city in the state. Very beautiful, was never boring, and St. Patricks day is a freak fest that rivals few there.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Does SCAD have sports teams?

11. Kool-Aid

Kool-Aid Member

Savannah is easily my favorite city in the country and Stastny is a great guy. But this paper has serious problems that aren't going to go away any time soon. The newsroom is significantly smaller than just a few years ago and those positions aren't coming back. You know it's bad when two lifelong newspaper men – Jim Thomas and Tim Guidera – voluntarily hit the bricks. Thomas retired and Guidera threw up his hands and took a TV gig in town doing little or no sports.

12. turnovers

turnovers Member

What's the circ there?

Draft saved Draft deleted