1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Savannah Morning News Sports Reporter opening

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Jun 19, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Morris has some meddling publishers, too, for what it's worth.

2. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Far as I know, they let their people alone in Savannah, for what it's worth. I've interviewed people from that place for jobs and their clips were extremely solid. I know people who have been there a long time and seem to be happy and enjoy living there, the people who were there a short time loved the area but wanted to go somewhere bigger and in a better-paying chain than Morris. Much worse places than this to go if you're coming from a smaller and low-paying place.

3. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

so what could one expect for pay?

4. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

gotcha thanks.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Using this thing:

To match my salary's buying power where I am now, Savannah would have to pay $30,953.85/yr. And I'm at a non-daily paper where I could drop dead now and be missed by nobody in the community.

That's kinda sad.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'd need to make a little less than I make now. :)

7. I could make $40.71 LESS in Savannah than what I do now to maintain my buying power ... but I wouldn't because it's Morris.

8. Do share, Buck

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I would need to make $33,119.34.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm actually a little surprised with my result. I know Georgia as a whole has lower cost-of-living than where I am, but I imagined Savannah to be a tonier, and thus more expensive, town. Wonder what a good plate of grits and shrimp go for.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I could make almost $3,000 less. Fun!

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Don't tell them that if you interview. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted