1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Savages kill three, leave hubby for dead in CT robbery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

There was an incident in Kansas where two brothers in Wichita did nearly the same thing to, I think, six college students. Forced them to make withdrawals from ATMs, held them hostage, repeatedly raped them (both genders), then took them to a soccer field and shot them execution-style. One female survived the ordeal, and ran about a mile butt-naked through the snow to a house where, of course, 9-1-1 was called.
    Caught the fuckers the next morning. One was recently paroled (wrongly — I think the state has settled on this, but I could be wrong) from the state DOC system.
    Anyhoo, these two brothers received the death penalty. They have not, nor will they ever, be introduced into the general population. Why? Officials don't want them to get "Dahmered," which would no doubt happen. And a lot of people would likely look the other way while it was going on.
    So, I think that CT officials will probably do the same with these two assholes and keep them out of the general population.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Skip the bail.

Skip the trial.

Skip the jury.

Skip the legal process.

Skip all that shit.

Head of the line for the needle/gas/firing line.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

::)

Sticking with the topic at hand, it appears the state parole board is now reviewing their policies, although it might not have made a difference in this case.

http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=d57f4c3f-cb06-42d6-9078-567d70782772

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

Wonder if they had an alarm system?
    I can't imagine what that doctor is going through. To lose your family like that, God help that poor man.
    And spare no mercy on the vermin that committed those heinous acts.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Wrong country for that.

We need a good beheading in a town square. Following the liberation of their private parts, and then hands and then feet.

6. Only if people don't think, and act out of blind stupid vengeance and then wonder, ten years from now, why people are walking off death row or out of prison after doing 20 years for crimes they didn't commit.
    These guys had burglary convictions. Absent all the ex post facto outrage, which is easy and dumb, what are you proposing? No parole for burglars? Because mandatory minimums have worked so well for the past 20 years.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Calm down the rhetoric Fen. Re-read my post. I never suggested any of the things you just wrote. I'm simply saying the parole system needs to be reviewed. I also added the caveat, in a later post, that it likely wouldn't have mattered with these guys.

Ease off buddy.

8. As I've stated on another thread--I'm completely against the death penalty (mainly because i don't agree with state sanctioned killings)..however, as I've also said, i don't believe that murderers or rapists should ever see the light of day, no matter how well they have behaved in prison--it's nice that you feel rehabilitated, but better luck in the next life. I just feel that if at some point in your life you are capable of such a violent crime, it never goes away--at some point you will feel the urge to do so again (whether you act on it or not is something else, but i'd rather not take the chance).

9. Reviewed to what end, though? To make burglars serve their whole terms. If so, I reiterate my point about mandatory minimums.
    My experience is that, after an atrocity like this, "reviewing" any system means overreacting ridiculously and putting in place something more rigid, more viscerally satisfying, and largely less effective and more costly.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Unconditional life without parole," is, in fact, the death sentence: Death by old age.

Save 30-40 years of food bills. Death.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

You constantly harp about what is wrong with the justice system but offer up no solutions. You don't want minimum mandatories so what will work to minimize repeat offenders? A hug?

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thanks Pancamo.

Fen, no one's blasting your opinion. But your alarmist attitude in this regard is rather pointless if you can't offer alternatives or solutions.

Draft saved Draft deleted