1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saturday Night Live (Oct. 4)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Oct 4, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

"the killers" should be the musical guests every week. they're that good. 8)

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

This is one of those one or two shows a year that just kills.
    The debate is a Hall of Famer - about a dozen great quotable lines.
    I've never seen any of Anne's movies, but I lurve her bagging on the criminal ex-boyfriend. She is destroying the goody twoshoes image with each succeeding sketch.
    Best female host since Natalie Portman.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I watch the "Devil Wears Prada" just to see her with cleavage and in heels...

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Mark Wahlberg talks to animals skit with Andy Samberg was hilarious.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

What?!?!? Fey was on as Palin again?!??!!?!?

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow . . . they're going to milk THAT for as long as possible.

Like they did the rap videos, like they did Celebrity Jeopardy. They get one skit that works, they run it into the ground.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm 34 and totally got it. Thought Anne looked spectacular in that Andrews Sisters retro ensemble, and Kristen Wiig was really funny as the slow sister.

SNL needs to take more chances with skits like that and needs fewer digital shorts. The "Dick in the Box" and "Chronic(What!)les of Narnia" were funny, but most of the rest have been craptasically forgettable.

Oh, and in terms of political impersonations Tina Fey's Palin ranks up there with Ferrell's W., Carvey's 41, and Hartman's Clinton as the best.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I thought the killers were lame. The previous songs I heard from them had a lot of energy to them. That song tonight just seemed lifeless and boring.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

fey as palin is a must every week through the election. can't get more current/topical thanack that. a mighty convenient excuse to bring tina back to snl.

sorry, it ain't gonna get old between now and the election.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

They even nailed the five to one sketch.
    If you're a fan of British humor like French and Saunders, Casey Wilson definitely has a young Dawn French quality. She did to Katy Perry what French did to Bjork:

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I thought SNL was solid from start to finish.
    Lots of musical numbers and dancing. Seemed to play to Hathaway's strengths.
    Maybe I'll think differently later, but I thought it was pretty funny.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who learns to do a Wahlberg impression? How useful can that be?

Damn funny though.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted