1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satellite TV Service

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So I couldn't get Directv because of where my balcony is and the fact my building gets in the way of the signal. So, I'm hoping for a miracle and have Dishnetwork eventually coming to give it a try. Anyone here know whether I'm wasting my time, or is there a chance that it could actually work out for me? I'll be really bitter if I have to spend an extra 10-20 bucks a month on suckass cable.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Sounds like you have your priorities in order :)
    Well, at least you're keeping everything in perspective ;D

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I figured I do. Cable sucks in every manner possible. Price, service, all that jazz. Satellite TV is infinitely better. Cable executives should all be thrown in jail.

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It's probably not going to work. The satellites they use are in a similar spot in the sky.

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

You have to have a clear view of the south, according to the guy who hooked up our DirecTV. I'm pretty sure that's the same with any other satellite TV service.

Draft saved Draft deleted