1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SATC: The Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, May 6, 2008.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Miranda and Samantha are exactly as you remember them (Sam's cancer isn't an issue) ... and in fact are more feisty sexually, if that's even possible. I won't give up the spoiler, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with the directions their characters have taken, and Charlotte is just gorgeous. I think it's because in her real life, Kristin Davis has really figured out who she is and is comfortable in her skin, and it shows through her character.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

I don't miss it the way I miss Friends.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Major spoiler...

Do
    Not
    Read
    On
    If
    You
    Don't
    Want
    To
    Know
    Who
    Dies!!!!

OK, in what should be a surprise to no one, Carrie and Big get engaged. On the day of the wedding, Carrie is standing at the altar, with who else, but the whole SATC crew as her bridesmaids. She and Big get married.

Throughout the film, there is more insight offered about Big's life and career, most of which Carrie is oblivious to.

As they all walk out of the church, a Lincoln Town Car pulls up and starts shooting. Carrie takes one in the face. Big gets shot so many times it looks like the end of Scarface. Kim Cattrall gets shot in the back and Miranda and Steve both get wasted as they run for cover. Charlotte is the only one who survives, but when she realizes all of her friends are dead, she slits her wrists with one of Carrie's Manolo Blahnik shoes...

4. Hmmm, maybe I will give this a try.

5. Mizzougrad96

The other ending that they shot shows Carrie driving through New Jersey on her way out of the city. She stops at a toll booth and gets executed Sonny Corleone style...

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As I lay there in the street, my Versace dress soaked with my own blood and Big's Brains, I couldn't help but wonder:

What does a city girl do when "Say Hello to My Little Friend" becomes "Say hello to the end?"

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The true ending: Captain Kragen wakes up a dozing Logan at his desk. Logan then says to Greebey: "Man, you wouldn't believe this dream I had!"

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This is how I know DD watched SATC. :D

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sometimes it showed boobies.

10. Mizzougrad96

Every now and then it showed Kristin Davis' boobies... :D

11. The Future Mrs. Omar, who will be the full-fledged Mrs. Omar at the time of release, already has informed me we're going. Probably on the day it comes out.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, Mrs. Henry and I went to see it Sunday afternoon.

(I was an early adopter, watching when it first came on HBO for a couple of years and then catching up on the DVDs I bought the wife as they came out.)

I enjoyed it enough, but it played more like one of those movies they used to make by splicing three half-hour TV shows together. My wife said plot was never the strong point of the show, but that weakness gets magnified a great deal on the big screen. (Two music-video-style scenes is a suggestion to me that they were a little light on the story side.)

I will give SJP a lot of credit, though. There's a scene where she's supposed to be severely depressed and unhappy and it's shot in her bathroom mirror with, I'd say, no makeup at all. She looks every bit of her 42 years, maybe more like 52. Pretty brave to do that, I'd say.

All in all, my review? A little too much City and not enough Sex.

Draft saved Draft deleted