1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Palin: I'm Not Getting Divorced

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Aug 1, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If those papers are served, then the Palin's entire private life, or what's left of it, becomes legal fodder for the defense. They could be compelled to produce documents, etc., that might otherwise remain off-limits.

She's in politics. Distasteful as rumors of this sort may be, whether true or not, get used to it. It's hard for me to have much sympathy for a Republican complaining about "dirty tricks," since this was raised to a high art by Nixon, Atwater, etc.

You're not getting a divorce? Fine, then stay married. Start wearing your wedding ring in public. And maybe bone up on some public policy so you don't sound like an airhead every time you tay to talk about a substantivr issue.

2. Yep. Open discovery in the U.S.A. There isn't much, short of conversations protected by attorney-client privilege, that the opposition can't get its hands on and submit into the public record.

The question that always comes up - "If he's innocent, why settle??"

That's why.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Proof, please.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So being a Republican and possibly getting a divorce precludes one from living in the great state of Montana?
    What other states would bar such a heinous person?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Update from your grocer's check-out line ...

[​IMG]

Given that it's all from the Johnson family, I have issues with the sourcing.

http://www.starmagazine.com/sarah_palin_todd_shattered_marriage/news/15939

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Levi is the Jose Canseco of Palinology! Sure, no one believes him now. But just wait until those BALCO investigation leaks.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sleeping on the couch? Half of the husbands in America can relate to that. No big deal, perhaps even preferable if the ballgame's on.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that, under Obama's marriage reform program, they're going to set up a panel to decide whose marriage will be allowed to survive.

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Plus Star allegedly has "a photo of Willow slamming back vodka" and smoking pot. paging David Letterman.........

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I think the sourcing could go either way. The Johnston family definitely would have been in the inner circle and would have known if there was any marital problems, especially if what Levi said about them bickering was true. On the other hand, they could be just trying to stir the pot.

And what, exactly, at the end of the story would qualify as "an Alaskan insider." A person who lives in Alaska? A person who works for the government? It's so...strange.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You gotta do something to get to sleep when its light out all night long.

Draft saved Draft deleted