1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Connor Chronicles

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Jan 13, 2008.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

Didn't see a thread for this fun-fest.

Somehow, somewhere, people keep getting guns.

This is about as entertaining as Wanda Sykes as a talking apple mascot for Applebees.

2. I actually think it's somewhat decent so far.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I've found it fairly entertaining. Surprisingly.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

There's already been more action and exposition than the entire first season of Invasion. I'll give it a couple more weeks.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I found it entertaining enough. Although they should've made the destination date 2008 to keep it timely.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

this just was not very good.

As bucky mentioned...what's there to do when you've already made three movies about an impenetrable killer? Lazy, lazy, lazy.

But I guess it's better than another episode of "So You Think You Can Dance With People Who Attack People Who Are Smarter Than Fifth Graders Because They Forgot The Lyrics In The Moment Of Truth."

7. It's a whole hell of a lot better than American Gladiators!

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think they're doing a decent job with what they're trying to accomplish.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I thought it was decent. But im one of the handful or so that tonight was the premeire night for 24... :'(

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I liked Terminator 3 for what it was.

I enjoyed this show for what it was.

Both are, of course, an unnecessary continuation of a story that pretty much wrapped up in a very satisfying fashion in the first two films. I do find the show entertaining in a Bill Bixby as The Incredible Hulk or Kung Fu, starring David Carradine kind of way. Travel around, get into adventures, be pursued by relentless dude. I really like the twist of having them travel into the future at the end. The creators have said this is "an alternate timeline" from the events in Terminator 3, which is another way of saying "we want to be able to do whatever we please, so there."

And when the ratings start to fall, they'll have ads of a gratuitous female terminator in a bikini episode.

Of course . . . . why wouldn't John Conner just send back five of these things at a time to protect him? And why won't the baddies send back like 10 at a time, to make sure the job is finished?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i know, but i'd hate to bore you with the details. let's just say the flux capacitor isn't made of the same stuff as magnums.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nerd alert ... the girl terminator is River Tam from "Firefly"/"Serenity."

Draft saved Draft deleted