1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sara Ganim brings it again

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 7, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Penn State is who really needs to hire Sara Ganim. Pay her a football coach's salary. She's slaying them. SportsJournalists.com beatification awaits!

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

While hazing incidents have largely dropped among the white fraternities and sororities, it has gotten amazingly worse for the black Greek organizations. The hazing is largely done by the groups' alumni who can do whatever they damn well please.

Hazing is also horrible for the band fraternity and sorority.

So if anyone doesn't think this is still a problem, you'd be wrong.

3. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Just curious -- have alumni who have been involved in hazing given reasons for doing so?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Great reporting, but as for the woman subject of the clip above...she hangs out with guys who brand each other and she's surprised when she's beaten? WTF?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When I was a pledge, we were hazed, but NOTHING like this. The line was always "We're not asking you to do anything we didn't have to do." But again, it was nothing like this. Looking back, some of the drinking involved was pretty excessive, but everything else was pretty tame by today's standards.

There's some crazy shit going on now.

6. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I believe you are mistaken regarding the racial differences.

I could be wrong. Do you have a source?

And I agree, I lived in a place very much like Animal House and there was no physical violence. Ever.

Not that it was pretty, but no violence.

7. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Who had 16 as the over-under until someone blamed the victim?

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I don't think that's exactly what TV is saying, but when I saw, especially in the 1990s it seemed, with these NBA players and all their hot wire scars, I thought those guys were really upping the game when it came to fraternities and what was going on behind closed doors.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, Ganim is no Chris Snow.[/mizzougrad]

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wake me when she's covering the Sawx. :D

Good pull, if it was 2002. :D

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In the comments department, it looks like this gem was a little more popular than Ganim's work.

This is hilarious:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/nancy_eshelman_im_tired_of_tho.html#incart_mce

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Michael Jordan is a Q-dog.

Draft saved Draft deleted