1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

santorum sodomized in pa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Song Seven, Nov 7, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Someone enlighten me, as someone who lives hell and gone from the state of Pennsylvania: Other than the fact that he was a Republican, and some of you would hate Jesus H. Christ Himself if he was a Republican, what the hell was so wrong with Santorum? And specifics, please, not just that you hate him because he was GOP.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Fair question, Hondo.
    Speaking for myself, I didn't like the fact he was a grandstander on issues like Terri Schiavo. He flew down there, got in front of the cameras and said "SHE WILL NOT DIE ON MY WATCH!"
    Um, she wasn't a resident of PA.
    He was also in a snit with a local school district here where he suckered them into paying for his kid's cyber school even though they are living in Virginia.
    I don't hate him because he s Republican, I dislike him because PA deserved better, someone who represented us, not one who was looking to further his own personal causes.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'll give you the irritation factor on him going to Florida. Everyone needed to stay out of that mess.
    But is that it? And the kid's school? There had to be more.

4. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Don't forget the whole sex-with-dogs thing :)

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Equating gays with bestiality would be a nice place to start.

There's a lot more, but it doesn't really matter to you, hondo.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, those are the 2 most glaring. I always thought he never had an original idea - everything he thought came from GOP uppers.
    Also, he got a little too "If you aren't Christian, you're not one of us" too many times for my comfort.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Trying to insert intelligent design into NCLB wasn't good, either, and his position on workers rights is atrocious.

Just off the top of my head.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

hondo, i could almost throw his record out the window. He was dead to me when he started some of the ugliest mud-slinging seen in recent years. I don't need that out of my elected officials.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

People of Pennsylvania, America thanks you.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pleeeeeeeeease, Pittsburgh Post Gazette or Trib, pleeeeeeeeease park a cameraman at that two bedroom doublewide in Penn Hills that Rick owns and claims to live in with his wife and 21 children which is worth maybe $65,000 in an average neighborhood (which keeps those property taxes ohh so low) to show the U-Haul pulling up to unload their stuff. And if it never shows you still have a story.

11. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

He compared the situation in Iraq to Lord of the Rings recently too.

I'm not sure equating soldiers dying to fiction was popular with too many people. Plus Casey's name helped him. His dad was the state's governor in the 1980's.

12. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

The great part about that house is you can't finda a more Democratic community than Penn Hills.

Draft saved Draft deleted