1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Santorum Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And as for his daughter's illness, we must remember that we only know that he's told us she's ill.*

*Using the same type of logic Santorum uses when it comes to President Obama's Christianity.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

There is such a thing as being the better person.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Would that be so bad, or so hard? Especially when his daughter just got out of the hospital, and her long-term prognosis is not good?

I don't agree with the guy's politics -- especially his stance on gay rights -- or even on his qualifications for President.

But, when the very people who decry "partisan politics" blast him on the day he drops out, I have to question the sincerity of their wishes for a less partisan, more tolerant political environment.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I went on record here a fortnight or so ago that RS was treading on very thin ice on multiple levels by carrying the delegate battle to and through PA.

For whatever reasons, he finally made the prudent decision.

I've lost too many family members in recent years to be crass about bad medical forecasts. Best of health to that kid. She needs all the good wishes she can get.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Her long-term prognosis was never good. Santorum still decided to run for president and spend months away from his family.

6. YankeeFan

Do you doubt the condition, or the diagnosis? Because, the diagnosis is not good, and it's not up for debate. She's already lived longer than could have been expected.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ask the voters of Penn Hills, Pennsylvania how they feel about Rick. He owned a tiny two-bedroom house there, claimed it as his residence and attempted to nail the taxpayers of Penn Hills for the bill for charter schooling his kids. Motherfucker couldn't find Penn Hills with both hands, a GPS and an Indian guide.

8. YankeeFan

OK. You guys are right. Fuck him. Fuck the horse he rode in on. Fuck all Republicans.

Is that better?

Keep telling yourselves you're "better" than the Republicans.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Over/under on lock: 6 minues.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

True. Kids with Trisomy 18 rarely live past age 10. I'm just uncomfortable with the degree to which the two separate stories seem to be getting intertwined.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why post on the thread then? There are a few other threads where anti Santorum rants would be fine.

BTW Obama record on homosexuals is not much better.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen my Eric Holder thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.