1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Santana trade official

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Santana vs Olsen

I think that will be the opening day match-up with the Mets vs Marlins.

Then mark it down, Santana will get shelled on April 19th in the schedule holds up. Mets visit Citizens Bank Park.

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Didn't Pohlad nearly take a buyout from MLB and fold the Twins before the last labor agreement? And wasn't there a clause in that last agreement that the union wouldn't object to contraction after a certain year?

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

A good question for both men to answer.

[​IMG]

This photo was just too funny. I think OOP is the one without a shirt, since there's a sycophant on the right cheering him getting pummeled.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I look better than that with my shirt off.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Cy Young winners won't get shelled by the Phillies. And Santana is your 2008 National League Cy Young winner.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If it makes you feel any better, Zeke, if I owned the Twins, I'd have given Santana $20 million for seven years.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Mike, I'm so pissed right now, I'm not even gonna make a joke about how if I owned your dick, I would use it.

That's how pissed I am right now.

8. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

He was in the Houston and Marlins organization before the Twins.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I appreciate it, Zeke. That was so nice of you. You know what? I'm going to grab another beer and drink it for you.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thanks, buddy.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Are you a Timberwolves fan, too, Zeke? I was a proud Minnesota fan until last offseason when they gave up on Garnett -- and, effectively, this season. A story I read, probably from the AP, mentioned Santana's departure along with Garnett's and Moss'. I wonder if it says anything about the pro sports in Minnesota or just a string of bad luck.

12. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Google Norm Green.

Draft saved Draft deleted