1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sandusky Sentenced

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

We are....State Pen!
    Never once has this guy said he didn't do it. Good riddance to a nasty s.o.b.

2. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

What are we doing here? Baking a cake? You baking a fucking cake, pal? Bye-bye, dick. See ya in Attica, dick.

3. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Only 30-60 years? That's it? That's pathetic.

Yes, I know he will die in prison. But that's not enough of a sentence.

Because what that says to each of the 10 boys he was convicted of raping is this: what he did to you is only worth three years of jail time.

Three years. For an adult raping a child.

DUI offenses get more. Drug users get more. Hell, Bernie Madoff got more.

I see this as an extension of our society's rape culture. It's acceptable to joke about rape, threaten rape, look at rape victims with skepticism or engage in victim-blaming.

Sandusky is still engaged in victim blaming. He, the rapist, sees himself as the victim. His statement last night said as much. It's all a conspiracy, everyone is out to get him, the children are lying attention whores. And he knows that in the rape culture we've spawned, there will be people who believe him and agree with him.

And people who will sentence him to just three years per sodomized child.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Not sure the sentence was on a per count basis. Probably didn't matter if there were 2 victims, 10 or 100.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

He'll die in prison.

The number is just a number. If the sentence was "Life plus 30!!!!" it wouldn't matter.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Except for a couple more trials, an endless string of lawsuits and maybe a couple more statewide investigations, thank goodness this is all behind us.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just hope he gets released into general population for an hour or two and a guard looks the other way...

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Not sure I get the consternation over the sentence either. He'll spend the rest of his miserable days in prison regardless.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It's a symbolic thing. I think everyone understands he's not getting out.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

House him with Christopher Scarver.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sandusky will have to live in fear every day now, even in solitary confinement. He deserves nothing less.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Read an article a couple days ago that said Pennsylvania's child molesters are spread out in their prison system. They go to a central processing unit for two weeks to be evaluated.

article said he probably gets put in a lower security prison, that houses a lot of older inmates.

Draft saved Draft deleted