1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Sanctity of Marriage' latest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 8, 2015.

1. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Did the annulment paperwork as well, for my sister-in-law who thankfully got out of an abusive marriage in the very early stages. It was as stated above, about 5 pages of essay questions where I had to revisit (to the best of my secondhand knowledge) all the unpleasantness of all the abuse (more emotional than anything, but still) that the guy put her through. The annulment was eventually granted, but the whole process seemed completely ridiculous and onerous to my non-Catholic background. I've filled out government background check forms that were less intrusive.

ETA: This was about 2 years ago, so still fairly recent.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The kid exists and is considered "legitimate." And, custody and child support can be awarded, just like a divorce.

As far as I understand it, if you don't have kids, you're SOL if you want anything more than what you came into it with.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So Scot McCloughan's wife can't get an annulment and a cash payout?

That's too bad.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Sexual impotence" is apparently one of the valid grounds for annulment. I'd like to be a fly on the wall in those proceedings.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Why marry at all? Just fuck. Anyone you can. As frequently as you can. Particularly when you are in high school and college.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Joe Kennedy's wife fought the annulment of their marriage because she believed her kids wouldn't be considered the product of a marriage. She was wrong, but ended up having the original ruling on the annulment overturned by the Vatican.

Draft saved Draft deleted