1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Diego TV reporter attacked by couple

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ledbetter, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Man, those were some intense videos.
    I love it when the cameraman tells the wife something to the effect of "Do you think you are going to get away with this? It is all on tape." And she responds with "What are you going to air it? This is all the medias fucking fault."
    Good stuff right there. She doesn't have a chance in hell in court.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The greatest part is that the cameraman continues to film the beatdown instead of helping the guy avoid broken ribs in a "fight for his life."

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Can't win an Emmy if you put the camera down.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Good thing the original interviewee stuck around. Certainly the criminal's wife -- and the cameraman -- weren't going to help the reporter.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Stay classy, San Diego.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Make that, "Touchdown Pirates.''
    Nicely played, Mr. Burgundy.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A few points on this...

-- What the guy did to the reporter is nothing compared to what the reporter would have done to the photographer if he had stopped rolling and put the camera down. Thanks to the photog he has an airtight case for court, as well as a story that's getting him national recognition - for better or for worse.

-- Stuff like this hits pretty close to home for me, since I work in TV, used to be a photog, and have done work with an investigative unit. I didn't like the way these guys handled it at all. The reporter is a smartass and goads the woman. When she walks away the photog follows her, when they should have just let her go and possibly defused the situation.

Not saying the result would have been different, but these guys -- particularly the reporter -- acted like assholes. There's a small percentage of I-team guys who use that approach, and they're a giant pain in the ass for those who don't.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

So what do you think the attackers acted like?

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Bigger assholes. Doesn't mean you get sarcastic and pissy on camera, and say things like "Go! Buh-bye!" to the woman.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Get away from me, Carl Monday!

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I mean, geez... is beating up a TV news geek r-e-a-l-l-y such a bad thing?

Draft saved Draft deleted