1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Dee-Ay-Go, make that Los An-Gel-Es, Super Chargers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The whole fandango in LA, where the prospect of bringing BOTH the Raiders and Chargers into town to chew up the Rams' market is seriously discussed, renders that whole argument preposterous.

2. Starman

The original Texas Stadium in the 1970s was supposed to have a retractable fabric roof, but after a couple years, they just said "screw it" and left the hole open.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There is no person anywhere who is seriously discussing this.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Starman

I know everybody agrees it would be a disaster, but the Raiders have to act like it is at least a possibility to keep LA alive as a bargaining chip/extortion ploy.

In any case nobody's giving the least little shit about "territorial rights."

Just for fun somebody should start talking about moving a football team into Yankee Stadium.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK. You keep living in that world, but nobody is even making a ghost of discussing a three-team L.A. market. The Raiders never bring that up.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

The Raiders-Chargers stadium in Carson was proposed when the league was still deciding who was going to come back to LA. Once the NFL made it clear they were going with the Rams and the Inglewood stadium, the Carson idea was scrapped. There was never any consideration of all three teams moving to LA.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Fuckers could've prevented Leon Lett on Thanksgiving 1993 with a boat tarpaulin and some rope.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

10. HanSenSE

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

For the NFL to approve the move of the Raiders to Los Angeles I would think that the State of Nevada and Davis would have to agree on a lease. From my reading of the Las Vegas Review-Journal my understanding is there is no agreement is in place. The State believed they had a gentleman's agreement with Davis when they passed a tax to provide 750 million but now Davis now wants a better deal. Until such a deal is signed I don't see how the NFL owners can approve a move.

But then I did not see how anybody could be stupid enough to make a financial committment to Mark Davis's without a signed contract but the State of Nevada did. So what the hell do I know?

12. HanSenSE

Irwindale says hi.

Draft saved Draft deleted