1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Samsung Blackjack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 27, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Seriously. I need a new phone, the phone guy says to me, 'You like Blackjack?' Huh?, I ask cleverly, because what does that have to do with phones? 'You know, Blackjack? 21? You into 21?'

So yeah, now i have this new phone the Samsung Blackjack. Trying it out for 30 days. Anyone have it or know anything about it? As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with Blackjack, altho it does have a very cool screen.

Anyone?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

If it was Boom starting this thread, it would have been the greatest thread in SportsJournalists.com history.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Except Boom would have started it.

A google search tells me it's a Cingular, meaning you and I can talk about BYH for free, 21!

http://reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_BlackJack/4505-6452_7-32143267.html

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

But it's only an 8-second conversation, so are you really afraid of burning minutes?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, that's "talking" WITH BYH, not about him.

About him, I can go on for hours. "Would you believe what that douchenozzle said yesterday..."

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

My soon-to-be-retired phone, which is practically an antique (also a samsung that runs Palm software) did two spectacular things: 1) had a browser that showed complete boxscores with one click, and 2) accessed SJ and let me post. Also, it vibrated with frightening velocity. For a phone.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The screen on the Blackjack does look pretty cool...I just don't have a need for one of those smartphones. I know why some do...I just don't.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

So that's why you told Boom to get the nights and weekends free plan.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wait a minute. I thought it was Boom that vibrates with frightening velocity. For a phone.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

When they come out with the Samsung Boom....you know what, I can't even finish the thought.

11. I'm thinking of updating too.

Is there a phone out there that will last like my current one?

[​IMG]

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Outing alert -- Chris_L is Zack Morris!

Draft saved Draft deleted