1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sammy Sosa to Rangers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tommyp, Jan 16, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Headline: Sosa to give shot in the arm to Rangers

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Has Sammy's bat really got that much faster than it was two years ago in Baltimore? It was pathetically slow for the Orioles. All I can figure is that the Rangers are trying to increase their strikeout totals.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think this is a good move, no risk, potentially high reward. How much lower is he than Giambi was when he was striking out every at bat? What about Gooden when the Yanks picked him up & he saved their summer? Jeff Garcia? The odds are strong that he stinks, but if he can hit, and it was just the injuries holding him back, he was once great, and in theory isn't necessarily too old. If you aren't guaranteeing him a roster spot or any money, why not roll the dice & see what you get? Stranger things have happened.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Why doesn't Sama Sosa just call it quits and retire.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sammy could be the comeback player of the year. I'd take a flyer for two good reasons: Rudy Jaramillo.

Draft saved Draft deleted