1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salon on Final Four media

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Apr 15, 2012.

1. BlackBerry

BlackBerry New Member

Haha, I witnessed that as well. Was sitting in front of Feinstein and nearly lost it (laughing) when the guy came on the bus and got in his face.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Did anyone at Salon even read it prior to posting? How are you missing closed brackets?

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Dan Jenkins changed everyone's name and did this much better.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

WFFW.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I'm normally pretty good with speaking chatroom, but WFFW? Even abbrevations.com can't help me, offering up "Wet Fermented Food Waste," which actually makes a little sense.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Word for fucking word.

If you just put that up to be funny, forgive me for falling for it.

7. badmoon

badmoon Member

The ESPN writer in the opening scene who could not pick up his credential because of some foul-up was Charlie Pierce. The scene was a good deal more entertaining in person, as you can imagine, than in the telling here. Charlie does not lack for directness when pissed off.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I actually assumed that when I read the description.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Interesting, then, that the writer uses the phrase "Sorry, Charlie." in the following sentence for another purpose entirely. Subtle identifier? Or clueless humorlessness?

Also, Pierce works for Grantland. Could they not get their own credentials?

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

They're credentialed separately. That's why Simmons has been bitching about Duke. They wouldn't credential Grantland at Cameron, despite the fact that Shane Ryan - the guy who gained Internet fame for his sloppy wet BJs to all things royal blue - is on the payroll.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Then why does the Salon story portray Pierce arguing over 'ESPN' credentials? Hmm.

12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

That was unreadable.

Draft saved Draft deleted