1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salami on pizza

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Jun 17, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

What's that country song about being thrown in jail for speeding in a tiny town and being served hot baloney with scrambled eggs and gravy?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Also, if you're ever in Bennington, go to the famous Blue Benn Diner and try their lox and sour cream omelette. It's truly magnificent.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

When I was in Italy, I ate salami pizza all the time. It's one of their basic types (there are no combos, you get a one-topping pie). No pepperoni anywhere.

Of course, it's not exactly Oscar Mayer salami cold cuts -- a whole different class of salami. But the answer to the original question is, yeah, the Italians definitely think salami belongs on pizza.

4. writing irish

Tom T. Hall, "A Week in a Country Jail," in case anyone cares. Sucks that Fenian's gone...I have no one to talk Tom T. Hall with.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Tom T. Hall sucks!

;)

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Worse than Don Henley?

7. writing irish

Anyone who hates old dogs, children and watermelon wine can't be all bad. ;D

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Tom T. Hall does not, in fact, suck.

But since I had nothing else to contribute, there you go. A completely uneducated opinion, stated vehemently.

I am sportsjournalists.com

9. writing irish

That's why I love this place. Ill-conceived presumptions, served cold with a cruet of vitriol on the side.

I heart SJ. ;D

Zeke, your country classics cred is beyond reproach. I know damn well you're down with Tom T.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

random thought: when i asked the original question, i never, ever thought this thread would push a fourth page.

carry on ...

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I love Hawaian Pizza (ham and pineapple). Maybe it's a West Coast thing. It's on every pizza menu in Vancouver but in Montreal nobody had heard of it.

Mind you, in Quebec you can get "all dressed" pizza which I had never heard of on the Wet Coast.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And references to Blind Willie McTell have gone down 100 percent.

Draft saved Draft deleted