1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salami on pizza

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Jun 17, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Plus it's one step closer to the grave, I'm sure.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

"Uno, dos, tres, Ole! A Mexican pizza is on the way."

That chant, my friend, for when they make a Mexican pie, is full of fail.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Whoa... the macaroni and cheese pizza and cinnamon bread is worth the $4.99 alone.
    [/quote]

1 for 2 with a solid single to right, but that out is a backwards K of a failbomb. The Mac 'n Cheese pizza is AWFUL TIMES A GAZILLION. Their mac is watery on its own merits, the cheese almost as watery and somehow even more bland. Then to ladle this on a pretty solid pizza crust? No no no no no, unless you're under the age of 9 (though I suppose that would include a strong minority of the posters here, so maybe I'm being a touch harsh).

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I had it once. I won't touch it again. Bland, messy and just plain nasty.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Mmm, Imo's. I'm going to throw out an even more obscure pizza from that area -- Stefanina's. Anyone had it? It's like the homemade pizza your mom used to make, on steroids.

And to answer the original question, I'm down with salami on pizza.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Salami on pizza I can take. BBQ pizza is all right, too. Pineapple is an abomination, kind of like those Chunkys with raisins. Yuck.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks for the feedback.

and, i can tell who's from the midwest by the love for cicis.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

1 for 2 with a solid single to right, but that out is a backwards K of a failbomb. The Mac 'n Cheese pizza is AWFUL TIMES A GAZILLION. Their mac is watery on its own merits, the cheese almost as watery and somehow even more bland. Then to ladle this on a pretty solid pizza crust? No no no no no, unless you're under the age of 9 (though I suppose that would include a strong minority of the posters here, so maybe I'm being a touch harsh).
    [/quote]

The crust is pretty shaky. But I love the Mac and Cheese pizza, so I guess we will agree to disagree.

They do have a deep dish version that tends to be thick and greasy the way pizza was meant to be. I usually eat a bunch of that.

9. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

toss salami slices on the barbecue as a starter. you can thank me later.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When I finally get laid off from the business, I'm going to start up the first nationwide Greek pizza joint. Featuring Saganaki pizza!

I will train my delivery "artists" how to properly light up and deliver fresh Saganaki pizza right to your door. I'll call it Oopa Pizza.

Suck on that, Jump To Conclusions Mat guy!

11. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Salami = no bueno on pizza. Saganaki = no clue.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

the cici's in my area shut down about two and a half years ago, dammit.

Draft saved Draft deleted