1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saints/Bears and Colts/Patriots with spreads (your picks)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 15, 2007.

1. JackS

JackS Member

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

And, check his stats next to Brady's.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Colts scored touchdowns on their first two possessions that game.

If anything, Colts did worse after Rodney Harrison was hurt.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Saints and Pats.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Desperately want Saints and Colts.

But my picks are Bears and Pats.

Brady will throw a potentially catastrophic interception that the Colts will fumble back to him. Manning will throw a similar interception a few minutes later, and it will be returned for a touchdown.

Still, the Colts will amazingly be in the game late and driving for a winning FG.

And from 42 yards, Vinatieri will miss for the first time at home this season.

Patriots 28, Colts 27.

6. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I have 1 TD and 5 INTs that say Peyton Manning isn't over shit.

The Colts have won in spite of Manning twice now. Not happening this weekend. As for Manning's two bad games in a row, I think PM is more likely to have 3 bad playoff games in a row than Brady is likely to have 2.

New England wins.

And as long as Rex Grossman is under center, I wouldn't feel safe with any of my money on da Bears.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Manning still had to be good enough to lead the Colts into field goal range five times, though, against one of the NFL's better defenses away from home. He played much better against the Ravens than he did against the Chiefs, for sure. And now that he's going home, I'm curious whether that changes the dynamics of the usual Pats-Colts game, which has usually been in Foxborough.

My guess is that the Colts win when one of two things happen:

1. Vinatieri kicks a game-winning field goal againsty his old team.
    2. Gostkowski misses a potential game-tying or game-winning field goal to remind the Pats and their fans of who they let go, all because that franchise loves to be cheap.

As for the NFC, I'll go with the Saints, because they have the best quarterback left in the playoffs.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You know, this shit is starting to sound pretty fucking stupid and monotonous at this point.

Grossman was under center last week, Einstein. His only pick came when the receiver failed to catch the ball.

The Bears are in the NFC title game. That means they won.

Get a clue.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Also, since shit-for-brains here is picking the Pats and Saints, I'd consider that practically a guarantee the Bears and Colts win and cover.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

So much of the unsophisticated, knee-jerk garbage on these playoff threads belongs on "The Blitz" or "The Coors Hot Seat."

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This is the second week in a row the radio guys have just gone to town about how completely f-ing stupid the print media have looked with their dumbass predictions about the Bears and Colts.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, Grossman did also lose a fumble on a 17-yard sack when he should have just fallen to the ground and lived to see another down. He doesn't need to throw the ball to turn it over, you know.

Draft saved Draft deleted