1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sagging pants? Pay up.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by greenlantern, Mar 22, 2009.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-saggy-pants-story,0,623002.story

Bad economy? Who cares? We need to go after those bastards with low pants instead!!!

While I don't disagree that the sagging pants trend make those participating look like idiots, is this really a good way to spend tax dollars? Not knowing how to dress yourself shouldn't be a crime. Nor should looking like a retard.

No if you'll excuse me, I need to go write my apology to the Special Olympics for using the word retard.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Flint, Michigan did this about 6 months ago.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

How incredibly ass-inine.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

With the economy in the shitter we may see more of this.

Passing bullshit ordinances that include a fine is an easy way to raise extra money for a city short on revenue. Same reason you see more cops pulling over speeders these days.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The city of Dallas almost did something with this a couple of years ago, and finally decided it was stupid to pass an ordinanace. Instead, I think they started a PR campaign to "pull your pants up."

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What a waste of time. I wear my pants baggy on my off-days, and it's for comfort reasons. I get out the punk shirt, the ripped cargos and studded belt before I walk to Target for some milk and cereal. It's the only way to go.

Bring on the fines.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

You know, after soooo many years of seeing guys undewear hanging out, you'd think that fad would be over by now. Seriously, if you're running down the street and your pants trip you because the waist is around the thighs, well, I hope you rip your face open fucktard.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

First, they will ban sagging pants. Then, they will ban girls wearing tuxedos to the prom. And then, they will ban dancing.

Where will it all end?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey! Show some compassion! The minister's son died coming back from a dance!

10. Can you still kick off your Sunday shoes?

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I want to see the underwear-baring, heavily tattooed at 40, when the body sag fully hits, the motivation to exercise and self-inject decreases and the body art is rendered less intelligible. Will those barbed wires still look barbed around those wilting biceps? Or will the fire-breathing big bird etched onto your back look more like a shot down bird of prey because the wings which were up by the shoulders in your 20s are now sitting around your flabby (but spandex encased) midriff?

Draft saved Draft deleted