1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SAG Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 27, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Very, very solid FOAF.

I freaking hate Holly Hunter and the way she speaks. It drives me insane...

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

She's a foul, evil succubus.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Don't you swear at my fe-on-say

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Man that was sad, I hate those recaps...

5. Time to acquire Burt Reynolds in the Death Pool ...

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He looked rough around the edges. I was surprised how rough he looked. Mickey Rooney looked pretty rough, too. Like he was at the point where he was appreciating every moment because he didn't know when his last would be.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mickey Rooney is 87 years old and he looked a hell of a lot better than Charles Durning.

8. Better than Hal Holbrook, too.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He looked better, but his reaction just seemed to me like someone who wanted to live life because he didn't know when it would be gone.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

That's how most 87 year people feel, spup

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Actually, Mickey seemed a bit loopy up there.

Anyone notice that he twice proclaimed there was a tie in the category, then announced only one winner (Queen Lateefah, who wasn't there).

They cut several times to the other bewildered nominees who, like the viewers, were waiting to hear the other winner. But nothing was ever said. And Rooney just walked off.

Was it too much to ask for the director to go a tad off script and at least have a subsequent presenter clarify that there was not a tie and old Mickey was having a senior moment? Most award shows would have had some improv fun with that situation.

12. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Tom Cruise is incredibly creepy

Draft saved Draft deleted